It’s fun to decorate for the winter holidays, but holiday decorations can increase your risk for a home fire. As you deck the halls this season, be fire smart.
- Inspect holiday lights each year before you put them up. Throw away
- light strands with frayed or pinched wires.
- Water your Christmas tree every day. A dry tree is dangerous because it
- can catch on fire easily.
- Consider using battery-operated flameless candles, which can look,
- smell and feel like real candles.
- If you do use lit candles, make sure they are in stable holders and place
- them where they cannot be knocked down easily