- Never open your door to a stranger.
- Make sure you know who is on the other side before opening.
- Contact law enforcement if in doubt of who is at your door.
- To report a life-threatening emergency please Dial 911.
- To report all other crimes or if you have questions, please call the non-emergency number, 719-444-7000. This number is staffed 24 hours a day, every day.
If you feel it is a legitimate visit (perhaps arriving at your request), ask for identification. Businesses that provide home service have their employees carry photo identification with an I.D. number. You can call the business and confirm their identity.
Do not provide your credit or debit card number or any other personal information to any caller or visitor without knowing their true identity.
Colorado Springs Solicitation Ordinance allows for residents to protect themselves from unwanted solicitation on private or residential property.
9.2.111: SOLICITATION PROHIBITED: Paragraph C. 2. It shall be unlawful for any person to engage in soliciting on any private or residential property after having been asked to leave, or after having been asked to refrain from soliciting, by the owner or other person lawfully in possession of the property. Displaying a "No Soliciting" sign constitutes a request to refrain from soliciting.
Learn more about personal safety and crime prevention at https://coloradosprings.gov/office-emergency-management/page/personal-safety-and-awareness
Learn more about the Colorado Springs City Code at http://sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=855&chapter_id=95256#s1091641