No water customer shall at any time allow, permit or cause the waste of water, which includes, but is not limited to:
1. Watering landscaped areas, other than with drip irrigation, between the hours of 10:00a.m. and 6:00 p.m. during the period from May 1 to October 15.
2. Watering landscaped areas with potable water more than three (3) days per week, with
the following exceptions:
a. Watering under an establishment permit in accord with section 12.4.1311(D);
b. Watering under a water allocation plan in accord with section 12.4.1311(B);
c. Watering new plant material on the day of planting;
d. Watering of turf grass that is essential for high use sports fields;
e. Operating and attending to an irrigation system as needed for installation, repair, or reasonable maintenance; and
f. Watering trees, shrubs, and plants (including vegetable and flower gardens) with a drip irrigation system, handheld hose equipped with an active positive shutoff nozzle or handheld container at any time.
3. Using water to clean outdoor impervious surfaces such as sidewalks, driveways and patios, except when cleaning with water is necessary for public health or safety reasons or when other cleaning methods are impractical or inappropriate.
4. Applying water intended for irrigation to an impervious surface, such as a street, parking lot, alley, sidewalk or driveway, or any other water use outside, in a way that allows water to pool or flow across the ground or into any drainage way, such as gutters, streets, alleys or storm drains.
5. Washing motor vehicles, trailers, boats and other types of equipment with a hose that lacks an active positive shut-off nozzle.
6. Failing to repair or disable, for a period of more than ten (10) calendar days, leaking or damaged irrigation system components, service lines or other plumbing fixtures.
View the City Ordinance here: https://www.csu.org/Documents/WaterShortageOrdinance.pdf