Local tree nurseries and the City Forestry Office have offer the following information and guidance:
- Please allow several more weeks for trees to leaf-out if they have no (or only partial) leaf-out now. If the tree is gradually progressing, it could be Fall before the tree is fully leafed-out.
- Provide extra water to the tree as necessary with infrequent deep soakings and consider watered-in tree fertilizer.
- Consult a local tree nursery for best practices for your tree type.
- Prune carefully to avoid removing live branches which can help the tree recover.
- The condition of the tree may warrant professional inspection and advice from an arborist or skilled landscaper before contemplating removal.
- If the branches, twigs and stems, buds are still pliable, and have green inside the tree may survive and leaf-out later in the summer.
- If larger and smaller branches are brittle and stiff, break easily, have no green inside, no sign of green buds, if the tree failed out leaf-out last year, or the tree has suffered from any pest or diseases, the tree may have reached the end of its life and need to be replaced
The Association also has an approved Plant and Tree list you can see by logging into your homeowner account at https://portal.ehammersmith.com.
Our trees provide shade to cool our homes, privacy, clean our air, provide natural beauty and add intrinsic value to our Community, so please endeavor to replace trees if they are removed.
- Please refer to the PCVA Community Guidelines for landscaping and submit a design review request for approval prior to work commencing.
- Please also hire a licensed arborist or tree service company for removing any large dead trees that can cause injury or damage to homes and property.
- Please don’t cut down trees that belong to other owners or allow children to climb or rip off tree limbs.
- Our PCVA contracted arborist is currently treating our Community trees for pests and has conducted a condition inventory of our trees which number in the thousands.
- Please contact the PCVA Community Manager at PineCreek@ehammersmith.com for additional questions or concerns.