The Community Guidelines
The Board of Directors and Modifications Committee have worked together to update the PCVA Community Guidelines. The updated version was formally adopted at the recent August 25th Board Meeting. The updated version includes the following changes:
- A paragraph has been included to reflect the recently passed Declaration Amendment prohibiting ADU’s. Please see Paragraph 2.5.3 in the Community Guidelines.
- Sidewalk maintenance expectations in line with City requirements have been added into the Guidelines. Please see Paragraph 3.2 on Homeowner Responsibility.
- Neighborhood-specific addendums have been merged into the Community Guidelines in an effort to minimize the need to reference several documents for design guidelines. These addendums are located at the end of the Community Guidelines.
- A paragraph prohibiting the feeding of wildlife has been added. Please see Paragraph 2.2.6 of the Community Guidelines.
- A paragraph on Security Cameras and Exterior Lighting has also been added to allow the Modifications Committee to review requests for these systems. Please see paragraph 4.16.3 of the Community Guidelines.
- The paint color for the steel view fence has been updated to the latest color code. Please see Paragraph 4.15.2.
- A paragraph on car coverings has now been included in the Guidelines. Please see Paragraph 2.3.3 stating: “Cars in the driveway, may be covered with a cover that is made for that purpose, and be of a neutral color.”
- A paragraph has been included to explain the five special neighborhoods within Pine Creek that have additional assessments. Please see paragraph 1.3.3 Special Neighborhoods.
- The latest City requirements on Water Restrictions have been incorporated into the Guidelines. Please see paragraph 4.13.1 Water Management.
- Two lines referencing “unplanted rock/mulch” were rewritten to more clearly explain the requirements of having plants in rocked or mulched areas. Please see Paragraphs 4.13.8 and 4.13.19 where “unplanted rock and mulch is not allowed” has been updated to read as “Rock and wood mulch areas are permitted in the front yard (corner side yards). These areas must have shrubs and/or perennial plants. Shrubs and/or plants shall be spaced a maximum of 4 to 6 feet on-center depending on species and will be reviewed on a case by case to ensure the area has enough plants.”
- The Design Review Request Form has been updated to include a line for the homeowner’s PCVA neighborhood in order to more easily review in conjunction with a homeowner’s neighborhood, and has expanded upon the checklist page to help homeowner submit more complete requests resulting in fewer delays of review. Please see Appendix D of the Community Guidelines for the latest version of the form or visit https://www.pcva.org/submit-a-design-review-request.html