1. Motor Vehicle Theft has increased 5.6% in 2017 compared to 2016.
2. The number one MO (modus operandi) when known is “Keys left in Vehicle” – we are heading into a busy season for MVT especially related to Open Garage Doors!
a. Don’t leave your keys in your vehicle (Lock it or Lose it).
b. Don’t leave garage door openers in vehicles parked on the street.
3. The highest concentration (Hot Spot) of MVT in 2017 is in the Sand Creek Division, East of Circle Drive, North of Verde Dr, South of Galley Rd and West of Murray Blvd – but MVT is a citywide problem
4. Falcon Division typically has fewer cases reported than the other divisions, however, we are seeing a statically significant increase in Zone/Sectors 43 and 44
5. Of the 25 cars stolen in Falcon Division in the past few weeks, 11 are Honda’s
6. CSPD (on average) recovers about 80% of all stolen vehicles.
Read the entire KOAA article at http://www.koaa.com/story/35446250/vehicle-thefts-on-the-rise-in-colorado-springs-north-neighborhoods-see-multiple-cases-yesterday