When to water
- Water one to two times per month from November to April.
- Choose a warm winter day with air temperature above 40 degrees and unfrozen soil.
- It is most important to water newly planted lawns, trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Established lawn areas and trees, especially those in sunny, windy, or exposed areas should also be a high priority.
- Do not winter water cacti, succulents, buffalograss, blue grama and very xeriscape plants.
- Use a hose-end sprinkler or watering wand. Set a timer so you don't overwater.
- Remove the hose from the spigot after watering to prevent freeze damage.
- Water slowly so it can soak in.