- The Grounds Committee is receiving bids for the 2017 PCVA Landscape Enhancements.
- Landscape Enhancements that were started in 2016 will be completed this year after the water is on and we are happy with nursery plant stock.
- Year 6 of Fence and Stucco Wall repair/painting/fogging is under way. We will start year 1 all over again next year 2018.
- Our sprinkler system is being activated as weather conditions permit.
- We are reviewing our sidewalks for possible needed repairs and will move forward as weather conditions permit and the Board approves this expense.
- We have some areas that have Xmas decoration but aren't lit at night during the Holiday Season. We have received bids and will move forward to light some of these areas as 2017 budget funds allow.
- When we converted our Mechanical Rain Bird Sprinkler clocks to the Satellite WeatherTrak Clocks, we placed the Rain Bird clocks in storage to be reused at a later date to water some of our native areas. BrightView Landscaping Service (BVLS) will install 18 brass valves that will hook up to the Rain Bird clock.We have close to 100 manual valves that would have to be turn on once a week by area to water the native grasses for about 15 min per area. Sprinkler service from BVLS Co is time plus material and as you can see this approach isn't cost effective for PCVA. Our native grasses look great when Mother Nature steps in and it Rains. We will move forward with this program as budget funds allow using our old sprinkler clocks.
- The Splash Park received a new pressure regulator with higher PSI 125 that will give the grass areas better sprinkler coverage and help with possible less water consumption. The old regulator was a 75 PSI. Some of our sprinkler heads needed 40PSI and were only receiving 30PSI.
- Trees - all of our pine trees have been sprayed to protect against the Mountain Pine Beetle, Zimmerman Moth Larvae, Engraver Beetle, Turpentine Beetle, and Pitch Mass Borer
Please Support Our Sponsors